Friday, March 26, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
One day I got home from school, and I wanted a glass of orange juice. So I went to the fridge and got the container and put it on top of my head. (I wanted to see how long I could balance it up there). And went to the cupboard to get a cup. I got the cup. But where was the orange juice? I started looking for it. Then it fell off of my head. I felt really stupid and was amazed that I had balanced it up there for so long. I got my OJ. (Yay!)
By the way, whoever named oranges "oranges" must have been very creative.
"Look at this fruit! It's so... orange! I shall call it an..... orange! Yes!"
Saturday, March 20, 2010
me: "I found another cool website"
reader: "another one?"
me: "yes, another one"
me: "so, it's sort of cool, like the last one"
reader: "really really?"
me: "YES REALLY REALLY!"
me: "yes. it is.if you don't believe me, why don't you go there?"
Thursday, March 18, 2010
The turritopsis nutricula species of jellyfish is capable of cycling from a mature adult stage to an immature polyp stage and back again, there may be no natural limit to its life span. It cant basically make its self a little baby jelly fish again after being a adult. They are the only known animals that can do this. They are immortal.
The key lies in a process called transdifferentiation, where one type of cell is transformed into another type of cell. Some animals can undergo limited transdifferetiation,like salamanders, which can grow back their tail. This Jellyfish, can regenerate its entire body over and over again.
Because they are able to bypass death, the number of individuals is spiking. These Jellyfish are now found in oceans around the world. It's kinda creepy. Of all things, our world is being taken over by immortal jellyfish. It is kind of cool though. They don't just die.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
2. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
4. Starfish don't have brains.
5. An ostrich's eye is bigger that it's brain.
6. Vikings used the skulls of their enemies as drinking vessel
7. Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.
8. 52% of Americans drink coffee.
9. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
10.The tentacles of the giant Arctic jellyfish can reach 120 feet (36.6 meters) in length.
11. All polar bears are left handed.
Quote: When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
Monday, March 15, 2010
"I'd like to order a large pepperoni pizza."
"I'd like a large chocolate shake"
McDonalds Person: "Hi this is McDonalds, what would you like to order?"
Customer: "Yeah, hi, I'd like a large cheese burger with a large serving of french fries and a large coke."
McDonalds Person: "Anything else?"
Customer: "Yes, I'd like a large vanilla ice cream cone."
See? We say "Big". That is a big building. Wow, that's really big! Etc. Etc.
Quote: "Dark Black"
Thursday, March 11, 2010
"OH MY GOSH!!!!!!"
note: if you want an explanation of the quote, comment and say so.
Quote:"Peace, love, doughnuts"
"peace, love, banana"
note: this conversation was done in pictures
Monday, March 8, 2010
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Kid: "Is Canada allies with us?"
Kid Again: "They have good bacon"
Another Kid: "It's not bacon, it's just fancy ham!"
Monday, March 1, 2010
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
And all the king's horses and all the king's men,
Couldn't put Humpty together again.
See? Originally, Humpty dumpty was a riddle. Here are some more facts:
- Humpty Dumpty was a colloquial term used in 15th century England to describe someone who was fat or obese - giving rise to lots of theories pertaining to the identity of Humpty Dumpty.
- Humpty Dumpty was in fact an unusually large canon which was mounted on the protective wall of "St. Mary's Wall Church" in Colchester, England.
- A shot from a Parliamentary canon succeeded in damaging the wall underneath Humpty Dumpty causing the canon to fall to the ground. The Royalists 'all the King's men' attempted to raise Humpty Dumpty on to another part of the wall but even with the help of ' all the King's horses' failed in their task and Colchester fell to the Parliamentarians after a siege lasting eleven weeks.
Quote: "My dog eats my homework." "Oh yeah well my goldfish eats my homework!!"